NRF52 using ble_app_hrs_rscs_relay

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB NRF52 using ble_app_hrs_rscs_relay

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cray
    Participant

Using two different DK52 boards from Nordic, I loaded the hex codes for both the ble_app_hrs_rscs_relay and the corresponding ble_app_rscs or ble_app_hrs.  These hex files were dumped over using the nRF Go app and worked just as indicated which means the the rscs or hrs sent data to the second DK via BT and then the data was output to the computer using putty as the terminal program.  Since I wanted top use one of these programs, rscs or hrs, I loaded them up into visualGDB (latest) ( VS 2015), built and sent over to the DK.  On both programs, I got a warning about the memory in putty.

For example, the hrs says

<warning> nrf_sdh_ble: RAM start should be adjusted to 0x200029A0.
    <warning> nrf_sdh_ble: RAM size should be adjusted to 0xD660.
    <info> app: Heart Rate collector example started.
    <info> app: Starting scan.
    <info> app: UUID match send connect_request.
    <info> app: Connected.
    <info> app: Data length for connection 0x0 updated to 27.
    <info> app: GATT ATT MTU on connection 0x0 changed to 23.

I made a local copy of the id file and changed the settings from

MEMORY
    {
    FLASH_SOFTDEVICE (RX) : ORIGIN = 0x00000000, LENGTH = 0x00023000
    FLASH (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x23000, LENGTH = 0x5d000
    SRAM_SOFTDEVICE (RWX) : ORIGIN = 0x20000000, LENGTH = 0x00005668
    RAM (rwx) : ORIGIN = 0x20005668, LENGTH = 0xa998
    }

to

MEMORY
    {
    FLASH_SOFTDEVICE (RX) : ORIGIN = 0x00000000, LENGTH = 0x00023000
    FLASH (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x23000, LENGTH = 0x5d000
    SRAM_SOFTDEVICE (RWX) : ORIGIN = 0x20000000, LENGTH = 0x200029A0
    RAM (rwx) : ORIGIN = 0x200029A0, LENGTH = 0xD660
    }

On rebuilding and flashing over, I get no warnings or errors.  A connection is made between the boards but after that, nothing happens.  This behavior is seen in the the rscs and the hrs programs.

If I again flash over the Nordic compiled hex files then all works fine.  So it appears that I probably have a memory problem someplace.  Thanks for your help on this.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please follow this tutorial to adjust the softdevice memory for Nordic devices: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/nrf51/softdevice_memory/

cray
    Participant

I followed the tutorial as best I could but I think its out of date.  I tried debugging but since I wasn’t getting any errors, only warnings,  the program does not stop at this point.  Since the program reports out the warning and gives me the new memory info, it seems that this would be essentially the same.  I searched through the folder VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.nordic.nrf5x\nRF5x and found no such file for this version of the SDK and no file was found in the sources directory.  Even the id file that you show in the tutorial is different than the one that I local copied over.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks for your help.

cray
    Participant

Update:  Got it working with the putty output numbers.  I must have got things mixed up previously going between the two boards.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.