Nordic Thread & Zigbee SDK 2.0

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Nordic Thread & Zigbee SDK 2.0

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    grindstaffp
    Participant

I was curious to know if the Nordic Thread & Zigbee SDK 2.0 is anywhere on the radar to be made into a BSP. I have only just begun looking at using this SDK and I am not sure yet whether it is a simple matter of copying the Thread and Zigbee related files into the standard BSP folder or if there are more significant additions required to get it functioning within VisualGDB.

Thanks.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, not currently. This Thread & ZigBee SDK appears to be much less popular than the regular Nordic SDK, so we won’t be supporting it directly unless it’s merged into the mainline SDK, becomes more popular, or someone orders it via our custom BSP program.

Please consider creating a project manually as shown in this tutorial: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/legacy/

grindstaffp
    Participant

Thanks for the information.

grindstaffp
    Participant

In case anyone is interested in using the Thread and Zigbee SDK with VisualGDB it turns outs to be fairly simple. The main SDK and Thread and Zigbee SDK are very similar. The basic steps are below. If there turns out to be any interest I could probably throw together a more specific tutorial.

1. Copy the thread, zigbee, and 802.15.4 directories to the corresponding BSP directories. There are a couple of other additional directories that may need to be copied as well.
    2. Copy the thread and zigbee linker scripts into the BSP directory (Optional, just replace contents of local project linker script).
    3. Include the thread/zigbee directories in your project as needed.
    4. Include the appropriate libraries by name (ie. zboss.a)

At this point you should be able to copy one of the examples into your project and it should compile (once you satisfy any missing dependencies). You will need to use the example’s sdk_config.h, not the one included in your project.

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing this!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.