nordic NRF51-DK compile Error softdevice issue

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB nordic NRF51-DK compile Error softdevice issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    xyShiv
    Participant

I’m getting a error when I run my test project.  Here is the steps I have taken to create the error.

New project in visual studio 2015 Pro using visGDB

New embedded project -> project Type : Create a new project with MSBuild, Embedded binary (.elf) with additonal output files bin checked.  Generate a c++ file and Enable multi-threaded build are both selected. -> Device Selection: ARM in C:\sysGcc\arm-eabi and I have selected nRF51422_XXAC  (i’m not 100% sure on where I find the _XXXX on the board).  I just bought this board so i’m assuming it’s the XXAC.  Softdevice is set for S130 (Bluetooth LE Universal). C Lib Type is set to default, and reduce the size of C++ bin is checked. -> Sample Selection:  Bluetooth LE Beacon is selected.  Board Type PCA10028 Advanced mode and print diagnostics to UART are selected.  Button and crc16 are both selected. -> Debug Method Segger J-Link is selected and the directory it’s pointed to is correct.  Target interface is SWD (this was set by default)  Program device is always, live memory engine is connect to GDB stub.  reset devices are both checked.

Now that the project is created and the board is hooked up to my laptop (and it sees the board with a solid green light).  I click the debug using visualGDB debugger and I get a build error. Id returned 1 exit status is the error.  In the output I have: c:/sysgcc/arm-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/5.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find S130_softdevice.o

When I look at this directory in the  c:/sysgcc/arm-eabi/bin/  i don’t have any other paths.  It’s just full of arm-eabi exe’s.  However the directory above this has a lib/gcc etc.

My thoughts on the error:  I think the directory path is set incorrectly for the softdevice, and I’m not seeing any place in the project to set this.  However, I’m very new to this and not sure on next steps.

Suggestions?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks very much for reporting this. Apparently there was a bug in our MSBuild backend that caused problems with Nordic projects.

Please try this build, it includes a fix for this: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.2.12.1281.msi

shaurya
    Participant

Hi, This link doesnt work. Please provide a proper link.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try the final VisualGDB 5.2 release. It contains the fix mentioned here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.