No such file or directory

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB No such file or directory

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Softtoon
    Participant

Hello

I’am new to VisualGDB and i have a problem with header files that i have added to the project.

I have a verry simple project (tpmk2) that needs 2 header files (add.h and sub.h) form another directory (../../../Lib). VisualGSB has found those header files and added the directory (../../../Lib) to the project.

When ik build the project on the Beaglebone black i get an arror “add.h: No such file or directory”

I have added the log file and the make file.

What have i done wrong ???

Thanks in advance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Softtoon
    Participant

Hello

I see that i can’t add a log file or a mak file.

I have added these file in a zip file

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Most likely, you are referencing files from a directory that is not uploaded to the Linux side (VisualGDB will normally only upload the files from the project directory).

You can configure VisualGDB to upload additional directories via VisualGDB Project Properties -> Custom Build Steps or Synchronized Directories (Custom edition), or by creating a separate pseudo-project for the secondary directory you want to transfer (Linux edition). The pseudo-project should have no actual build action and will only be used to transfer the additional directory during build.

Softtoon
    Participant

Hello

I have the linux edition so the pseudo-project should be the solution for me but how do i create such a project. Is there a menu option to create a pseudo project ?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, please select “Import an existing project” -> “Project is built with command-line tools” in the Linux Project Wizard, then point VisualGDB at the directory you would like to synchronize and set a dummy build command line (e.g. “echo done”). Finally, reference the pseudo-project from the regular project so that it will get built before the regular project, and VisualGDB will synchronize the files for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.