No quick actions when IntelliSense engine is Clang

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB No quick actions when IntelliSense engine is Clang

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MT
    Participant

I’m trying to Extract function from code in the project I imported from Keil.

After selecting the code and clicking on “Quick Actions and Refactoring” in the right click menu, the actions menu doesn’t appear, but there is a message in the status bar – “No quick actions available here”.

If I’m switching the IntelliSense engine to “Regular VC++ IntelliSense” in the “IntelliSense Settings” under VisualGDB Project Properties, the actions menu is working and the Function Extracting is working as expected.

support
    Keymaster

Sorry, “extract function” is not yet supported by Clang IntelliSense. It is planned for the next major VisualGDB release, however is not available yet.

ASC
    Participant

Hi

Is there any update on that functionality ? Especially “Extract Function” is key for refactoring..

Thx Andreas

support
    Keymaster

Partial. VisualGDB 5.6 introduces RefactorScript – a mechanism for scripting non-trivial code generation (e.g. generating constructors based on the field list). It currently supports analyzing classes, methods, enums and variables, as well as generating new code, and comes with 12 ready-to-use scripts for various common scenarios.

Using it to extract functions would require statement-level information, and a method for moving/editing code, that is not available yet. We will listen to the feedback on RefactorScript and will try to extend it to support these, and other scenarios. In the meanwhile, feel free to try out VisualGDB 5.6 and share the feedback you have on RefactorScript.

Edit: we have just published a tutorial showing RefactorScript in action step-by-step: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/intellisense/refactorscript/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.