No connection … target machine actively refused it LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB No connection … target machine actively refused it LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gboy
    Participant

I just received an STM32F303 Nucelo-64 board and am trying to run through the simple STM32CubeMX tutorial (https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/stm32/cube/).  I’m working on a Windows-10 PC (relatively new – so it has the latest O/S – but I’m not sure I have all the required drivers).  Anyway, I followed the tutorial to the point of compiling the base code in Visual Studio and when I go to ‘Debug’ I get the error:

:56829: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

And when I look into the details of the connection, the following errors are listed:

Error: libusb_open() failed with LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED
    Error: libusb_open() failed with LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_FOUND
    Error: open failed
    in procedure ‘init’
    in procedure ‘ocd_bouncer’

Online, it was suggested that I need to install the ‘WinUSB’ driver.  However, Microsoft (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff540196(v=vs.85).aspx) indicates that WinUSB support is already in place (?).  Is there some driver that I need to install?

Also, I am also running Bitdefender in the background.  Not sure if that was a factor.  I have since temporarily deactivated it and tried – but that did not seem to help.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by gboy.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try using the “Test OpenOCD Settings” button (or installing VisualGDB 5.3 Preview 7). This should automatically fix the driver issues.

gboy
    Participant

Ok – what is the later/more effective version:  VisualGDB-5.2r9-trial.msi or VisualGDB-5.3.7.1769.msi?  I’m guessing the latter?

Thank you.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, VisualGDB-5.3.7.1769.msi is newer than 5.2R9 (we actually recommend downloading v5.3 Preview 8 as it is even newer than build 1769).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.