No connection from VS with VisualDDK to VMWare

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion No connection from VS with VisualDDK to VMWare

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I am running VirtualBox and DDKLanuchMonitor is running on the VM and showing “Local IP Address: 192.168.56.101”.

Launching the VisualDDK Project Launcher will show two new lines in monitor; “Discovery request from 192.168.1.3…” and “Discovery request from 192.168.56.1…”

Clicking the button “Launch” generates the error “VisualDDK: Cannot start debugging: All pipes are busy.”.

Any idea how to solve this problem.

alexfiftyfour
    Participant

Hello,

I installed VisualDDK as explained in the Quickstart guide. I installed in my VMWare (Win7, 32bit) the VMInstall setup, rebooted and opend DDKLaunchMonitor.
    Here a screenshot from the running DDKLaunchMonitor:

I checked if I can ping my VM. Here the screenshot:

Now I went to Visual Studio and created an empty project with a simple console application, just to get the “Debug” menu.
    Here the screenshot:

As you can see, I have selected as Transport “Kernel Mode connections” and as qualifier my running VMWare. I did not enter the “vm://DriverDevelopVM” myself. Visual Studio put it in there.

Now I get the error you see in the screenshot. The error ist half english, half german. It says: “Unable to connect to ‘vm://DriverDevelopVM’. All pipe instance are busy.”

Does anyone of you have an idea, what that means and how I can fix it?

Thx

Alex

support
    Keymaster

Please close WinDbg before you start debugging with VisualDDK. You cannot debug the same kernel using 2 debuggers in parallel!

alexfiftyfour
    Participant

Hello bazis,

thx for your answer, but I did not open WinDbg. Is there any other thing, that I might have done wrong?

Alex

alexfiftyfour
    Participant

Hey everybody,

I found the problem and made a short screencast where you can see, how to use VisualDDK with a VM and how to connect to the VM.

If you want, you can link/copy the video to your Quickstart Guide. If you download the Video, start it in Windows Media Player or any other Video Player of your choice.

Direct Link:
    http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2531/howtousevisualddkwithvm.mp4

View Link
    http://yfrog.us/9fhowtousevisualddkwithvmz

There is a HD Version of the Video of about 90MB. If you want it for your Quickstart section, send me a message.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.