Newbie Problem LED blink example NUCLEO STM32F446RE

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Newbie Problem LED blink example NUCLEO STM32F446RE

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RolfSt
    Participant

Hi,

I just started using VisualGDB today and wanted to try “STM32-Nucleo-F411RE tutorial with Visual Studio”.

I’m using NUCLEO STM32F446RE, but this should work also, I guess.
    I installed everything with VS 2015 Community, exactly according to the tutorial.
    ST-Link was found, ST-driver installed and “TestOpendOCD settings” said ok.
    Source compiled without error. F5 started and stopped at breakpoint,
    no error message.

But neither F10 nor removing breakpoint and run with F5
    gets LD2 at GPIOA5 to blink. An analyzer at according pin 11 of Morpho connecter CN10
    also shows no activity.

Where can I look now for solving the problem ??

Oh yes, I’m using latest VisualGDB 5.2. build 1324.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

If the debugging works as expected (e.g. the breakpoints trigger), but the LED is not blinking, it could be caused by one of the following:

• The LED is actually connected to a different pin
    • The LED bank is not initialized properly (e.g. clock is not enabled for it).

We would recommend first double-checking the board schematics and then using the Hardware Registers window to check the GPIO registers and see if the direction, type and value are set properly for the pin you are using.

If other GPIO pins work, but this one does not, something on the board might be pulling it down or the GPIO driver on the STM32 chip may be physically damaged, so trying a different board should help.

RolfSt
    Participant

<span id=”result_box” class=”short_text” lang=”en”><span class=””>Embarrassing, no not power cord, but wrong GPIO group.
    </span></span>

Thank you for your quick response.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.