New STM32CubeMX project does not load – reporting missing file

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB New STM32CubeMX project does not load – reporting missing file

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    urosg
    Participant

Hi,

I am currently working on a project that uses multiple MCUs where one is STM32F217 and the others are STM32L010.

Preparing and building the project for the STM32F217 worked without problems but the STM32L010 project failed to load on initial creation, reporting that the “Drivers\STM32L0xx_HAL_Driver\Inc\stm32l0xx_hal_dma_ex.h” is missing; which in fact does not exist in the STM32L0xx HAL driver.

After manually removing any reference to this filename from next files:

• .mxproject
    • <project>.gpdsc
    • build/VisualGDB/Debug/BSP.cmake

The project then loaded and built successfully.

Since I didn’t do any more investigating I am curious in which part of the software are these files created / i.e. where does the project builder get the information to reference the “dma_ex.h” file as in the STM32CubeL0 software pack there is no such file.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The STM32CubeMX tool indeed sometimes references non-existing sources or headers in the .gpdsc files. It appears to be a bug in the STM32CubeMX that affects some device/library combinations.

VisualGDB would normally skip the non-existing files automatically, as long as you are using the latest version (please try updating to VisuaLGDB 5.6 Beta 1 if you are not using it already).

Either way, patching the .gpdsc file and BSP.cmake should work just fine as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.