New project error

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB New project error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Darkly
    Participant

I receive a a ‘Failed to query target list’ error as well as ‘Please select a valid target’ error when creating a new project.

The MBed target field is greyed out.

Please see attached screenshot.

Running Win10 (all updates installed)

Latest VisualGDC & Visual Studio professional.

Any advise welcomed,

Domenic

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like either a broken Python environment, or a 3rd-party tool (e.g. antivirus) is interfering with mbed.

Please try installing the latest VisualGDB 5.5 Preview. Then please try resetting your Python environment as shown here: https://visualgdb.com/support/mbedpython/

Darkly
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestions.

I followed the steps and have the following information (see attached screenshot).

I have also taken a screen-grab of the project directory. It appears the appropriate files are not being populated.

I am not running any antivirus software that could be restricting programs from running.

Any suggestions welcomed.

thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

No problem. It looks like the mbed cache on your machine could be corrupt. Please try deleting the %USERPROFILE%\.mbed folder with all contents.

If it doesn’t help, please try opening View->Other Windows->VisualGDB Diagnostics Console, and then run the wizard. The diagnostics console will show the command used by VisualGDB to clone the mbed repository. Please try running it manually in the Command Prompt window and check if it works as expected.

If it doesn’t help, please let us know the command recovered from the Diagnostics Console, as well as the result of running it manually, and we will help you get it running.

Darkly
    Participant

Ok, clearing the mbed cache solved the problem.

Thank you for the excellent support.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.