multi-field export from live watch

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB multi-field export from live watch

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dabramson
    Participant

Is there any way to select multiple variables in the live watch and have their history exported into a single csv file where the first column is the timestamp and then each column after is one of the variables selected?

I selected multiple variables and clicked export but it puts them in separate files. All of the files have the same timestamps. Having to combine the files after the fact is pretty cumbersome if you have a lot of cases that you want to analyze. What I’d think would be nice is if you select multiple variables for export, you could pick to export to separate files, or to the same file. It would also be nice to see headers in the exported file (could also be optional). The variable name would suffice for my purposes as the column header.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. We have updated VisualGDB to combine data from multiple live variables into the same CSV file. Please try this build: VisualGDB-5.5.104.3945.msi

dabramson
    Participant

Thanks!

The link is now downloading 5.6.1.4071, which I’m assuming is the beta listed on the main download page.

1. Does that beta also have the combined data from multiple live vars change?
    2. I’m mid-project so very hesitant to try beta anything at this point, can the link be fixed to still give 5.5.104.3945? I’m currently on 5.5R4 (build 3920) so would be more comfortable trying the build mentioned above.

support
    Keymaster

Sorry, we release multiple hotfix builds almost every day, and hence the older ones get replaced very fast. The new functionality is here to stay though – it is available in the Beta and will be available in the subsequent releases. If you are hesitant to switch now, we would advise simply waiting for the end of the project and getting the latest build available then – it will include this feature as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.