Missing hardware register definitions

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Missing hardware register definitions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    gfavier
    Participant

I’ve made an embedded project based on STM32CUBEMX (with STM32F051k8 processor) and cmake (I’ve used your tutorial https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/stm32/cube/advanced/   ) . Every time I launch a debugger session, I have to import register svd definition manually. After a stop and a new start I need to do the same. Is there a way to save the .svd file position ?

The tab “Embedded Project” in VisualGDB Project Properties states : “This project is managed under the STM32CUBEMx tool…. ” and here isn’t the possibility to set the device by name

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, please try this build: VisualGDB-5.6.1.4141.msi

VisualGDB will now correctly remember the manually specified register file for STM32CubeMX-based projects.

gfavier
    Participant

Please update your ninja.exe executable into .msi package; my PC suffers this problem:

ninja: error: FindFirstFileExA(c/:/users/{USERNAME}/): The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

This is solved by using last ninja.exe <b>v1.10.2 </b>(under win64)

support
    Keymaster

No problem. We were delaying the update to Ninja 1.10, as it caused issues with NRFConnect projects. However, the latest NRFConnect release has solved them. Please try this build: VisualGDB-5.6.1.4142.msi

We will also include the latest Ninja version in the upcoming VisualGDB 5.6 Beta 2.

tboutain
    Participant

I’m experiencing the same issue with a project imported from Atmel Start for SAME70 Xplained Pro (SAME70Q21B). I can load both the SVD from Atmel Studio Pack, as well as the XML downloaded from your website, but it remembers neither, even when I add either file to the Project settings under additional register definitions. I updated to the 5.6.1.4142 version with no change.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, we can help you. Please share the complete steps to reproduce the problem from scratch including all the relevant screenshots and we will help you fix it.

Also, please update your forum profile to match the email associated with your license key, or simply let us know your key via the support form.

tboutain
    Participant

I have finally had to to revisit this issue and help you replicate it. I was able to fix it by adding copying the xml.gz file from the Atmel Arm Cortex BSP from VisualGDB website and added it to the ATMEL Start BSP folder, and then added the path to it under the MCUDefinitionFile property of the BSP.XML for the ATMEL Start BSP. I also added it to the CMakeLists.txt using HWREGISTER_LIST_FILE same70b/DeviceDefinitions/SAME70N21.xml

I’m not 100% sure if both places are necessary or not, but it works now so I’m happy. Hopefully that will help anyone else trying to fix this issue as well.

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing this. VisualGDB 5.6 Beta 4 should set HWREGISTER_LIST_FILE automatically. If you are using an older Beta, it might indeed fail to do so under some circumstances.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.