Missing File Function Navigation drop downs

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Missing File Function Navigation drop downs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    steve.n
    Participant

The drop down combo boxes at the top of code files, which list the functions, often disappears on many of my code files. The only way to get it back is to reopen the file. Reminds me of the missing Stack Frame view which is apparently now fixed (haven’t tried the new build just yet).  I have yet to figure out exactly why/when it disappears. It is rather annoying because I use them regularly to navigate around the file.

As a side note: I’d love to see a File Outline view, similar to what VS Code and Eclipse has, which vertically lists all the functions, macros, variables, etc. in a sortable and filterable view. I find the Navigation drop downs to be cumbersome. Visual Studio has a window called Document Outline but I suppose its for something else? When I bring it up it is empty.

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting us know. Unfortunately, it’s hard to suggest anything specific without being able to reproduce the problem on our side. If you could find a specific sequence of steps to reproduce the problem and share it with us (along with the relevant screenshots per our problem reporting guidelines), we will be happy to look into it.

We do have long-term plans for adding a better outline window. For now, please consider right-clicking in the source file and selecting “Explore Source File”. It will open a Tree Browser window showing the structure of the current file with all classes, methods and even variables.

steve.n
    Participant

If I can figure anything out that reproduces it I’ll let you know. I was hoping someone else had the issue and a workaround perhaps.

In any case, the Explore Source File works well enough – I won’t miss the lack of the drop downs. Great to hear a proper outline window is in the plans.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.