Missing build-generated headers after moving project to new machine

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Missing build-generated headers after moving project to new machine

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nevyn
    Participant

I have an ESP32 project using r15 tools with VisualGDB 5.4 preview 9 2556 on a new machine.

I have transferred the sources for my ESP32 project to this machine and opened the project in Visual Studio.  VS shows and error about missing build-generated header files so I select Build Project.

The problem is that the error does not go away following the build.  I have tried combinations of

• Restarting VS and opening the project
    • Cleaning the project and rebuilding

The file structure for the project sources is the same as on the original machine.

The ErrorList window is showing a lot of errors similar to [Clang Intellisense] Error: ‘stdbool.h’ file not found

I am doing this as I am transferring the licence to a new machine.

Regards,

Mark

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try closing the solution, deleting the VisualGDBCache and CodeDB folders and then reopening it. If it doesn’t help, please try creating a new project and ensure that the problem doesn’t affect it.

Then compare the .vgdbproj/.vgdbcmake files between the old and the new project – the old project file might contain some hardcoded paths that became invalid as you have moved it to a different machine.

nevyn
    Participant

Deleting the cache and CodeDB folders did not help.

Created a new project based upon Blinky and then copied the code and header files across into the new project.  Deleted blinky.c and then added the copied files using Add Existing Item.  Still seeing the same problem.

Used the wizard to create a new Import project, still seeing heh same problem.

Regards
    Mark

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry about that, it indeed looks like our bug introduced by a recent optimization in the code model reconstruction logic. We have fixed it in this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.10.2594.msi

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by support.
    nevyn
    Participant

Looks like this has fixed the issue.

Thank you for the quick turn around,
    Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.