Memory usage increasing until machine freezes

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu Memory usage increasing until machine freezes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using WinCDEmu under Windows 7 x64 and it is working great. But there is one issue preventing me from using it on machines without a lot of RAM.

The first time after reboot you mount an image file from a network share (UNC path) and copy a lot of data from the virtual drive, the system uses up all of its memory until it is freezing. You can the the memory usage constantly increasing in task manager. If you stop the copy before the system freezes the memory is still in use. Only unmounting the image frees it.
    I’ve also seen this issue with Windows XP x86.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi, I have the exact same problem. I was trying to install a multi-CD app from a network share mounting all the CDs at once with WinCDEmu. The computer kept freezing with WinCDEmu taking up all the memory when the installer got to the third CD. Everything went smoothly after I copied the images from the share to a local drive and mounted from there.

I have 1,5 GB of RAM, and I’m on Win7 32-bit so the problem doesn’t seem exclusive to x64.

support
    Keymaster

Hi, which version of WinCDEmu are you using?

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi,

the latest version 3.6. But I noticed this bug since first using WinCDEmu, starting with version 3.3.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi, same issue here on Windows 7 x64 with WinCdEmu 3.6, when I mount a big image from a samba share.

Any update on that one?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.