Makefile problem due to missing space

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Makefile problem due to missing space

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hi,
    i’m experiencing problems with the following line generated by VisualGDB on Visual Studio 2013 on a Qt5 project.
    I’d like to note that we’re evaluating your product for buying some licenses.

$(TARGET): Debugui_MainWindow.h $(OBJECTS)
    @test -d Debug || mkdir -p Debug
    $(LINK) $(LFLAGS) -o $(TARGET) $(OBJECTS) $(OBJCOMP) $(LIBS)

I’m already checked that the make.exe version and test.exe version are those shipped in your beaglebone toolchain.

There’re more that one problem with the line:

@test -d Debug || mkdir -p Debug

First:
    mkdir does not support -p. Infact if i esecute mkdir -p Debug a directory with name “-p” is created

Second:
    The make program exit on that line because a space is missing after “mkdir -p Debug”.
    Infact if i i change the makefile to “mkdir -p Debug ” (<-- note that there's a space after the trailing )
    The compilation goes on perfectly.

I don’t know who generate that makefile if visualgdb or qmake. However visualgdb rewrite that makefile
    each time i hit the build program. So i’m stucked.

ket
    Participant

Hi,

qmake generates the Makefile. When building, VisualGDB first calls qmake then make, hence the Makefile is always regenerated. The Makefile contents are based on the platform config file (probably /usr/share/qt5/mkspecs/arm-linux-gnueabihf subdirectory of the sysroot directory of the toolchain).
    We will also be looking into reproducing the issue.

Anonymous
    Participant

@ket wrote:

Hi,

qmake generates the Makefile. When building, VisualGDB first calls qmake then make, hence the Makefile is always regenerated. The Makefile contents are based on the platform config file (probably /usr/share/qt5/mkspecs/arm-linux-gnueabihf subdirectory of the sysroot directory of the toolchain).
    We will also be looking into reproducing the issue.

My actual workaround is to disable the building of the exectuable in a subdrectory. Basically i’ve deleted the “Debug” (or “Release”) string in the “Destination Directory” settings.
    In this way the “@test -d ..” line isn’t generated in the makefiles.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.