Maixdunio K210 etc.

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Maixdunio K210 etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Johanan
    Participant

Just got a package of this Sipeed Maixduino board, and would like to learn from others which is the way to start getting to know this creature.

Should I use the Arduino way or the K210 tool chain, Both are included in VisualGDB.

Not looking for a specific project, just want to learn what it can do and how to use it.

Thanks.

Johanan

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We haven’t tested Maixduino with VisualGDB yet, so it’s hard to give any specific recommendations. We would advise trying both ways and see which one works the best.

That said, the Maixduino looks like a promising platform, so we have ordered one as well and will publish a tutorial in the next couple of weeks. Feel free to follow us on Twitter to get notified once the tutorial is available.

Johanan
    Participant

Good to know.

I started an example with Arduino IDE (not a big fan), works after some efforts, mainly that this board creates 2 com ports, one for ESP32 and one for K210. However the K210 changes to a debug port, and I had to remove it, then I regained the correct com port, and was able to upload a file to the Maixdunio.

Once this worked, I tried to import the sketch to VisualGDB, but failed to setup the debugger, or com port.

FYI.

Regards

Johanan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

This happens because VisualGDB is trying to use the ARM debugging tools rather than RISC-V toolset. We will update VisualGDB to handle this properly once we get the board, and will show the necessary setup in the tutorial (given that the board has JTAG pins exposed).

support
    Keymaster

OK, we have added out-of-the-box support for MaixDuino to VisualGDB. Please make sure you update to v5.5 Preview 7 and then follow this tutorial: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arduino/maixduino/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.