Lost CPU Registers — How to Get Them Back?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Lost CPU Registers — How to Get Them Back?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sodaant
    Participant

I just started using the latest version of VisualGDB with VS 2015 and after experimenting with window layouts while debugging decided to reset the window layout back to defaults (Window->Reset Window Layout). Now I can’t find the CPU registers window that used to be in the lower right window while debugging. How do I get them back? I didn’t see any obvious menu option, but I may have missed it.

Another question related to device registers… I’m developing on an STM32F401, and when looking at the list of peripheral registers (before they disappeared!) I noticed that they were listed in no discernible order.  This applies both to the ordering of the peripherals in the list (TIM1, USART1, etc) and the ordering of registers for each peripheral. I would have expected them to either be in  alphabetical order or in the order they are listed in the device’s reference manual. Is there a way to put the peripherals (and their constituent registers) into some semblance of order?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can use the Debug->Windows->Registers command to show the CPU registers window.

The peripheral registers shown by VisualGDB are ordered according to their physical address (i.e. exactly the same order as they appear in the memory space). If you would like to quickly locate a set of specific registers, please try using the filter field and then marking the registers as favorite.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.