Log : cross-compiling openFrameworks to Raspberry Pi using VisualGDB

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Log : cross-compiling openFrameworks to Raspberry Pi using VisualGDB

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    elliotwoods
    Participant

I’m going to make a bit of a project log here for trying to compile openFrameworks creative coding toolkit for Raspberry Pi using VisualGDB

elliotwoods
    Participant

I couldn’t get the Makefile system working. I tried:

1. Importing the project
    2. Using the ‘make’ command that comes with the VisualGDB toolchain against the Makefile in the oF emptyExample app

Instead, I’m trying now using MSBuild (which means setting everything up from scratch).

First step is to get openFrameworks to build. I noticed that adding paths like /usr/include/gstreamer-1.0 to the include path doesn’t have any effect (includes don’t search the system paths?), you need to use the absolute path of the copy on your own computer, e.g. C:\dev\VisualGDB\rapsberrypi-buster\arm-linux-gnueabihf\sysroot\usr\include\gstreamer-1.0

elliotwoods
    Participant

There seems to be some auto-path adder?

For some reason the props file didnt’ work for the emptyExample app – but then this pop up came along

elliotwoods
    Participant

Ah there does seem to be some kind of layout to this:

=/usr/include/cairo

elliotwoods
    Participant

These relative paths seem to work from inside the .props file.

All source files are building now.

Working on the libs.

App builds, now we want to try and see it running…

elliotwoods
    Participant

Now the emptyExample works at https://github.com/elliotwoods/ofxVisualGDBCrossCompile

elliotwoods
    Participant

Had a lot of trouble with precompiled headers, e.g.:

1. The precompiled header needs to be an absolute path in the project settings
    2. If the path for the precompiled header is anything other than adjacent to the project file itself, then it doesn’t seem to work
    elliotwoods
    Participant

Still having trouble with pre-compiled headers, even when both pch.cpp and test.cpp are in the same folder as the Project file

`

test.cpp

Failed to compile test.cpp. arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++.exe exited with code 1

========== Project Build Summary ==========
    LaserClientGDB built in 00:03
    ========== Build: 0 Succeeded, 1 Failed, 0 Skipped ==========

`

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can find a detailed tutorial explaining the use of precompiled headers here. If it doesn’t work with your project, we would advise following the tutorial to get a working project, and then comparing the 2 projects side-by-side.

If you can pinpoint a specific setting that is not working as expected, feel free to let us know and we will help you find a workaround.

elliotwoods
    Participant

Thank you .

I was able to get PCH working with simple projects (e.g. as per the tutorial you linked), but so far not with more complicated projects.

Since:

1. The error message is pretty empty (as seen in my previous message)
    2. There are no obvious causes
    3. I’ve tried a few different approaches (e.g. only having once cpp file ‘using’ the PCH. Tried different folder layouts) and still see failures

I think the next step would be to step-by-step increasingly add all my complications to a bare project until the PCH fails. I don’t have time for that right now, but I’ll be sure to update here if I find something.

Thank you

elliot

elliotwoods
    Participant

Also for refence, here’ a link to the matching forum post over at openFrameworks:

Cross compiling for Raspberry Pi from Windows – arm – openFrameworks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.