Live variables – format

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Live variables – format

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    magicstocki
    Participant

I’m using VisualGDB 5.1.
    I would like to watch some live variable as decimal values and this works in the actual session but each time when I restart a debug session all live variables are shown as hex values. Is it possible to save the this setting so that I have not to change the settings each time?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Normally the live variable type is saved in the <Project>-<Configuration>.vgdbsettings.<username>.user file. We have just tried creating some variables and changing their type and the type was remembered correctly.

Perhaps something about your project is confusing the live variables logic? Could you share precise repro steps that could be reproduced on a basic “LEDBlink” project?

magicstocki
    Participant

I created a simple blinky-project with all settings as default. It’s a STM32F4 discovery board with the integrated ST-Link. The behavior is the same as in my other project. In the configuration file the type is saved correct but the debug session starts with hex.

support
    Keymaster

Strange. Could you please archive the project and send it to us via our support form? If we can reproduce it on our side, we’ll fix it very quickly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.