Linking problem on rpi

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Linking problem on rpi

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Manuel
    Participant

Hello, thanks for the great tool.
    I have build and installed libftdi on my raspberry pi. I can run the examples included in the project.
    I can also compile those examples in a newly created visualGDB project, after i add “/usr/local/include/libftdi1” to the include directories and “ftdi1” to Library names, both in the Makefile settings tab of the project properties.

However, when i try to start debugging, i get the following:

/tmp/VisualGDB/d/work/projects/Raspberry/src/ftdilib_test/ftdilib_test/Debug/ftdilib_test: error while loading shared libraries: libftdi1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or director

But when i start the binary on the target manually, it works fine.

I was playing a lot with all kinds of settings, the only way i could make it run is to go to the “User variables” tab of the project settings and add

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

That works fine. But i believe it is a workaround and there should be a correct way of doing it. Maybe i could add the -rpath flag somewhere in linker settings. Please advise.

BTW: I still get the same error message on saving the project settings each time and have to ignore that.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Most likely your LD_LIBRARY_PATH is modified from .bashrc that is not processed when running commands like GDB over SSH directly (opposed to typing the command name manually in the shell). VisualGDB 4.3 Beta 2 actually detects this condition and configures a workaround automatically. Please try updating to it.

Manuel
    Participant

Thank you, that’s exactly right, i had such a line in .bashrc. The 4.3 beta 2 handles that nicely.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.