Link with externalmodule

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Link with externalmodule

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alain
    Participant

Hi,

I just loaded the trial version of VisualGDB and have been able to develop very quickly an application on Raspberry written in C++ with VisualStudio 2019. Perfect.
    The problem now:
    Let’s be clear that, coming from Windows, I’m new to Raspeberry, Debian, C++.
    The application must manage MIDI messages on the Raspberry. For that I use RtMIDI which calls Alsa modules. No problem to find the header files of Alsa procedures.
    Obviously I have a problem with the Linker since I get compilation error messages like :
    undefined reference to `snd_midi_event_new”
    knowing that the procedure is referenced without error by:
    int snd_midi_event_new(size_t bufsize, snd_midi_event_t **rdev);
    and the error occurs at the line:
    result = snd_midi_event_new( 0, &apiData->coder);
    I’ve read a lot of things on the Internet without success. Can you help me?
    I am well aware that my level of knowledge in the field is low but it is necessary to start…
    Regards

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please follow this tutorial to diagnose common library-related problems.

Alain
    Participant

Hi,

Tough! With NetBeans, it only took me 5′ to make a go with the RtMidi, alsa and pthread libraries.

I just spent several hours with VisualGDB without success despite a thorough analysis of the tutorial.
    The libraries snd_midi_xxx, snd_seq_xxx do not load during synchronizations. They are in /sys/module/xxx.

One of the error messages is : undefined reference to `snd_midi_event_new’ LinuxProject3 C:\Users\Alain\source\repos\LinuxProject3\RtMidi.cpp 1553

I don’t know what to do.
    Alain

support
    Keymaster

Sorry, unfortunately we are not able to provide project-specific help as a part of our regular product support. The only advice we can give is to make sure you follow and understand each step of the tutorial mentioned in the previous post. It does explain the “undefined reference” problem and the techniques used to troubleshoot it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.