KEIL Toolchain

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB KEIL Toolchain

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    ppreininger
    Participant

Hi,

I tried to follow the tutorial importing a KEIL project from Version 5.26.2.0. The problem I have is, that the KEIL toolchain does not appear. I already checked the path in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Keil\Products\MDK, which is C:\Keil_v5\ARM (Default), but Visual GDB refuses to accept it.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Are you using the latest v5.4 Preview 10? The Keil support is not available in earlier builds.

ppreininger
    Participant

I downloaded and installed it today. Version 5.4 Preview 10, Build 2582

ppreininger
    Participant

It can read the project and everything, I just can’t select the KEIL toolchain.

support
    Keymaster

No problem, we can help you figure this out. Please attach the following screenshots:

• Registry editor showing the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Keil\Products\MDK key contents
    • The contents of the Keil folder referenced via the registry
    • The VisualGDB toolchain selector with the drop-down list open showing the available toolchains

This should help us narrow it down and suggest a fix.

ppreininger
    Participant

Ok, here is the requested information. Basically, the toolchain is detected. In the configuration wizard it does not show up.

Sorry, I did’t manage to get the images into the text.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed screenshots. Please try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.10.2591.msi

Before starting the wizard, please open the View->Other Windows->VisualGDB Diagnostics Console, then open the VisualGDB Package Manager to trigger a full reload of the toolchain list (producing the diagnostic messages in the console). Finally, open the wizard again, reproduce the problem and attach the log from the diagnostic console. This should be sufficient for us to fix this.

Please also let us know if you are creating a new embedded binary project from scratch, or using project templates or any other advanced options.

ppreininger
    Participant

Hi, here comes the output in the console:

VisualGDB build 5.4.10.2591
    Startup initialization took 7940 msec
    [+16 msec] Got DTE
    [+16 msec] Got MCS
    [+16 msec] Got services
    [+125 msec] Constructed Add-in
    [+125 msec] Loading settings…
    [+125 msec] Loaded settings.
    [+125 msec] Created normal commands
    [+141 msec] Created context commands
    [+141 msec] Created combo commands
    [+141 msec] Created drop down commands
    [+141 msec] Registered commands
    [+7940 msec] Startup project reset
    [+7940 msec] Settings validated
    [+7940 msec] Startup project set
    Found a GNUARM toolchain in C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Tools Arm Embedded\7 2018-q2-update
    Found a Keil ARMCC toolchain in C:\Keil_v5\ARM\ARMCC
    Found a Keil ARMClang toolchain in C:\Keil_v5\ARM\ARMCLANG
    Creating toolchain list from C:\Users\pete\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\ToolchainProfiles\localhost…
    Searching for test frameworks in C:\Users\pete\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\TestFrameworks…
    Searching for test frameworks in C:\Users\pete\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\TestFrameworks…
    Loading Embedded toolchain list for (localhost)
    Found 3 out of 3 installed toolchains
    Creating toolchain controller: initial selection (registry), suppress event
    SelectToolchainByKey(com.sysprogs.gnuarm.arm-eabi 4.9.3/7.8/r1)
    Loading Embedded toolchain list for (localhost)
    Found 3 out of 3 installed toolchains
    Incompatible toolchain: Keil ARMCC in C:\Keil_v5\ARM\ARMCC
    Incompatible toolchain: Keil ARMClang in C:\Keil_v5\ARM\ARMCLANG
    Incompatible toolchain (unknown type): (download toolchain for arm-eabi)
    Incompatible toolchain (unknown type): (download toolchain for avr)
    Incompatible toolchain (unknown type): (download toolchain for bfin-elf)
    Incompatible toolchain (unknown type): (download toolchain for esp32)
    Incompatible toolchain (unknown type): (download toolchain for esp8266)
    Incompatible toolchain (unknown type): (download toolchain for m32c-elf)
    Incompatible toolchain (unknown type): (download toolchain for m32r-elf)
    Incompatible toolchain (unknown type): (download toolchain for m68k-elf)
    Incompatible toolchain (unknown type): (download toolchain for msp430)
    Incompatible toolchain (unknown type): (download toolchain for powerpc-eabi)
    Incompatible toolchain (unknown type): (download toolchain for risc-v)
    Incompatible toolchain (unknown type): (download toolchain for v850-elf)
    Creating toolchain controller: initial selection (registry), suppress event
    SelectToolchainByKey(com.sysprogs.gnuarm.arm-eabi 4.9.3/7.8/r1)

ppreininger
    Participant

Sorry, forgot about that one. I’m trying to import an existing KEIL project with the wizard.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by ppreininger.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying it. Importing of existing uVision projects was indeed broken. We have fixed it in this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.10.2594.msi

Please note that the import process won’t automatically convert the references to Keil packs, although you should be able to easily add them via VisualGDB Project Properties -> Keil Components.

ppreininger
    Participant

Hi,

thank you for the quick work, works better now. I was able to import the project using the KEIL Clang toolchain, which does not compile. In the orginal Project, I’m using the ARMCC toolchain. Selecting this one results in the error enclosed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Thanks, this looks like some of the Keil project variables are not recognized by our importing plugin. If you could share the .uvproj file (we don’t need the actual source files), we should be able to fix this.

Alternatively, simply try clicking “Ignore” and removing invalid options via VisualGDB Project Properties.

ppreininger
    Participant

Seems reasonable, I now use the CLANG version 6. This works in KEIL. When compiling with VisualGDB, the startup assembler file is missing. I added it to the project, but the project does not compile – A1167E – Invalid line start.

I can send you the project file via mail or similar, I don’t want it to hang around in the forum.

ppreininger
    Participant

Update, Hi, the code won’t compile with the version 6 – some code in the HAL does not want that setting. I just didn’t realize that, because KEIL has to be restarted. Otherwise it will still compile with the old version.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the update. We can still help you get it to work – VisualGDB supports both Keil v5 and v6, so if there is a combination of tools that works with the uVision IDE, it should be possible to configure VisualGDB accordingly.

Please feel free to submit more details (project file, assembly file, exact error messages) via our support interface and we will help you get it to work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.