Keil ARMCC project creation error

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Keil ARMCC project creation error

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MystikReasons
    Participant

I tried to create a project with the new added keil compiler.

If I select a device (my example: STM32F107VC) and then click on “Next” I get the following error:

VisualGDB version: 5.4.10.2582
    —————— System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException ——————
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\-I$(ToolchainDir)\include -D__arm__ -D__CC_ARM’.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.File.ReadAllText(String path)
    at od1.f(s32 a)
    at VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.ItemizedProgressWindow.<>c__DisplayClass1_2`1.<RunAction>b__0()

VisualGDB version: 5.4.10.2582
    —————— lq1 ——————
    lq1: Exception of type ‘lq1’ was thrown.
    at p72.e2[_Type](v2`1 a)
    at m02.d.f_2[_ResultType](cz1`1 a, String d, zn b, String[] c)
    at h12.l(ManagedToolchain b, n3 d, ho c, Boolean a)
    at VisualGDB.WPF.Wizards.Embedded.EmbeddedMCUSelectionPage.ControllerImpl.CommitPage(j1 commitMode)
    at VisualGDB.WPF.Wizards.WPFWizardWindow.ControllerImpl.TryPrepareAndCommitPagesUntil(Int32 pageIndex)

If I try the Keil ARMClang I get this error:

Tool arguments: -x c++ -dM -v -E – -g –target=arm-arm-none-eabi -fshort-wchar -fshort-enums -funsigned-char –target=arm-arm-none-eabi -fshort-wchar -fshort-enums -funsigned-char -DSTM32F10X_CL -IC:\Keil_v5\ARM\pack\Keil\STM32F1xx_DFP\2.2.0/Device/Include
    Product: MDK-ARM Lite 5.24
    Component: ARM Compiler 6.7
    Tool: armclang [5c9efc00]

Target: arm-arm-none-eabi
    armclang.exe: error: ARMv4 is not supported by this toolchain
    armclang.exe: note:
    Check that your license details are correct in the License Management dialog of MDK. Additional information is available at:
    http://www.keil.com/support/man/docs/license/license_management.htm
    If you need further help, provide this complete error report to your supplier or license.support@arm.com.
    – ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE: unset
    – LM_LICENSE_FILE: unset
    – ARM_TOOL_VARIANT: unset
    – ARM_PRODUCT_PATH: unset
    – Product location: C:\Keil_v5\ARM\sw\mappings
    – Toolchain location: C:\Keil_v5\ARM\ARMCLANG\bin
    – Selected tool variant: mdk_lite

armclang.exe: error: ARM Compiler does not support ‘–target=arm-arm-none-eabi’

Did I do something wrong?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, it’s a known bug of Preview 10. Please try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.10.2610.msi

MystikReasons
    Participant

Hello,

Sry for my late answer. I tested the new build but I cant find my microcontroller under it.

Im not finding it under Keil ARMCC neither under Keil ARMClang but still under the normal ARM toolchain.

My microcontroller: STM32F107VC

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

For Keil projects VisualGDB imports the device list (and the packages) directly from the Keil packs. Hence please double-check that you can create a project for your device using the uVision IDE. If not, please install the missing Keil packs and restart Visual Studio. VisualGDB will then rescan the Keil packs and show the devices in the device list.

MystikReasons
    Participant

Thank you for your answer. Now I see my device in the device list.

But I have another question: Under the project properties I cant see the window for the Keil Components (example: CMSIS, RTOS…), see attached screenshot.

In your blog about the newest update of visual gdb (prev. 10) there is a window for the Keil Components.

Is it not fully supported yet?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The Keil components are fully supported, although due to the relatively high complexity of the Keil pack definitions, this feature is only available in the Custom edition. If you are using a lower edition, please consider creating a project in the uVision IDE, discovering the list of source files and preprocessor macros and adding them manually to your VisualGDB project.

MystikReasons
    Participant

I have only the embedded version so it makes sense that I can’t see it.

Thank you for your answer.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry. If you are interested in trying out the new components logic, please feel free to contact our sales (give a link to this forum thread) and we will issue you a brief trial extension voucher, so you can try it out and decide if it’s worth upgrading to Custom. Please also consider trying this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.10.2621.msi

It contains improved logic for checking Keil pack conditions, supports multiple component instances and creates configuration file templates using the same logic as the uVision IDE.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.