Kconfig menu in esp32

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Kconfig menu in esp32

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    u37
    Participant

In the idf settings (ESP-IDF configuration) there is a PSRAM configuration menu. In the current version of IDF, this menu is empty, not a single line. When connecting an ESP32 with PSRAM, it is always advised to configure PSRAM to the desired operating mode, but this section of the menu is completely empty.
    This menu section is described in the “components\esp_psram” section of the Kconfig file. There is no menu in the file itself; it is loaded using a link from it.
    Contents of the Kconfig file:

menu "ESP PSRAM"
    depends on !APP_BUILD_TYPE_PURE_RAM_APP
    # Will be refactored after !18050 to merge target-specific items

orsource "./$IDF_TARGET/Kconfig.spiram"

endmenu # ESP PSRAM

The “depends” line does not interfere; it can be removed – but the menu will not appear. The “IDF_TARGET” parameter is set correctly (ESP32S3) and such a directory (and the Kconfig.spiram file in it).
    I tried changing the path to direct (C:/….), but the menu did not appear.
    I rewrote the contents of the “Kconfig.spiram” file into the “Kconfig” file and the menu appeared.
    Question – is it visualgdb or esp-idf difficulties?
    The problem is that I looked at other “Kconfig” configuration files and the “orsource” specifier appears very often in them. There are too many of them to rewrite them all by hand. I’m very afraid that I simply don’t see a large number of settings.
    To check the defect, just create/open any (even empty) ESP32-S3 project and look for the presence of the “ESP PSRAM” menu (easily found by searching for “PSRAM”).

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry about that, it’s actually a VisualGDB bug. It was handling the source, rsource and osource directives, but not orsource. We have fixed it in the following build: VisualGDB-6.0.4.5058.msi

u37
    Participant

Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.