Issues with ESP32 SDKconfig and more…

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Issues with ESP32 SDKconfig and more…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tinyker
    Participant

I am facing two issues:

1. SDKconfig menu is not displayed unless I select ESP-IDF v3.2. Using your embedded system to pull the master ESP-IDF repo down or using a specified folder where it is will not work. It only displays one line : SDK tool configuration . That’s all.
    2. Changing from v3.2 to master has removed a custom component I had created. I am not able to add it again. The folder, etc are still in the project directory when I switch views and I can compile but it just won’t show on the project structure.

I was getting somewhere with v3.2 but needed to get v3.3 and now everything is basically broken. I have tried to create a new project to address Issue 1. but it still won’t work. Only v3.2 displays all the ESP-IDF options.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

support
    Keymaster

First of all, please note that we don’t advise trying pre-release builds of ESP-IDF unless you are prepared to do non-trivial troubleshooting, as they are often unreliable and might not be backward compatible.

We normally test VisualGDB with stable IDF releases only, as the internal structure of the pre-release IDF branches changes way too often to be reasonably supported.

That said, we have rechecked the current pre-release v3.3 branch and updated VisualGDB to accommodate the changes introduced in it. Please try this build [VisualGDB-5.4.103.3003.msi].

Also if you encounter problems with CMake projects with this IDF version, please try applying the fix from the github issue we created.

tinyker
    Participant

Hi,

I have been using your new build and it has solved a few issues but now I have got the following: the components appear twice under the tree project?

So under the Components folder I have the following folders arduino , arduino , board_support, board_support

Why did this happen and how do I fix it?

support
    Keymaster

The contents of the Solution Explorer window is reconstructed from the project structure reported by ESP-IDF, so in order to understand what is going on, we would need to see a snapshot of that structure.

Please let us know if you are using GNU Make or CMake and we will provide you with instructions to obtain the snapshot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.