Issues debugging

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Issues debugging

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gworkman
    Participant

Hi all,

This just happened to me today. For context, I didn’t just install updates or change of the configuration files (to my knowledge). I started a new project as an import from STM32 CubeMX, and after writing a few tasks I got the following error:

Warning: could not set a breakpoint on main. ‘Step into new instance’ will not work.
    No executable file specified.
    Use the “file” or “exec-file” command.
    Cannot resolve the address of _estack. Skipping stack pointer validity check.

It started running the last built project instead. There were no build errors. The main difference that I noticed from normal was that the flash memory was not reprogrammed before attempting to run it.

I’m still pretty new to ARM dev, so any help is appreciated. Thanks

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like you are trying to debug a project that is not built. Please build it first.

If it doesn’t help, please attach the entire gdb log as described here and we can help you understand what is going on.

gworkman
    Participant

The project was building, and had no build errors. I just found the issue though: earlier I had moved my work space folder to a path that had a space in it. Now that I removed the space, it works as expected. Thank you for the reply and support

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by gworkman.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.