Issues compiling OpenOCD

Sysprogs forums Forums Other tools & products Issues compiling OpenOCD

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ancaritha 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #31241

    Ancaritha
    Participant

    I followed the tutorial from here: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/openocd/build/  and there are numerous compilations errors…

    1) I cloned the Git repo using the command provided
    2) Opened it in Visual Studios 2019 (which has VisualGDB 5.5R5 installed).  It couldn’t find MinGW, so I had it automatically install the 32-bit version
    3) It said it needed the sysprogs CMake extensions, so I installed those.
    4) Hit build and got compilation error in ti_icdi_usb.c, as a function header used ‘unsigned’ when the function caller was expected ‘int’.  I changed the function definition to be int and hit compile.  Got some new errors about ARMV7M_S0 not being defined and “no member named ‘stlink’ in ‘struct armv7m_common’ ”

     

    Does the cloned OpenOCD project not compile and I have to make a couple of changes or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

    #31246

    support
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Most likely, you are building the deprecated HLA_Multicore platform. Please try switching it to Mainstream via the VS platform selector.

    We have also just updated the repository, removing the HLA_Multicore platform completely.

    #31248

    Ancaritha
    Participant

    Yup, I was indeed building the MultiCore platform, didn’t even notice that there were multiple ones to choose from.  Switching to Mainstream threw an error in the same spot, so I did a fresh clone and it now builds *almost* everything.  I’m not entire sure what it’s attempting to do so I’m not sure where to go to try and fix it.

    [1/6] Generating startup.tcl
    FAILED: src/startup.tcl
    cmd.exe /C “cd /D C:\Src\OpenOCD\OpenOCD3\build\Mainstream\Debug\src && C:\Src\OpenOCD\OpenOCD3\external\run-sh.bat -c “cat C:/Src/OpenOCD/OpenOCD3/src/helper/startup.tcl C:/Src/OpenOCD/OpenOCD3/src/jtag/startup.tcl C:/Src/OpenOCD/OpenOCD3/src/target/startup.tcl C:/Src/OpenOCD/OpenOCD3/src/flash/startup.tcl C:/Src/OpenOCD/OpenOCD3/src/server/startup.tcl > C:/Src/OpenOCD/OpenOCD3/build/Mainstream/Debug/src/startup.tcl””

    C:\Src\OpenOCD\OpenOCD3\build\Mainstream\Debug\src>set PATH=c:\sysgcc\mingw32\bin;c:\sysgcc\mingw32\bin;C:\WinAVR-20070525\bin;C:\WinAVR-20070525\utils\bin;c:\Visual\RunTime70;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\WinAVR-20100110\bin;C:\WinAVR-20100110\utils\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\AVR Tools\AVR32 Toolchain\bin;C:\Visual\RunTime70\Axis2c\lib;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\STM32 ST-LINK Utility\ST-LINK Utility;C:\Program Files (x86)\Mitel\Connect\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseGit\bin;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Users\jkazmierczak\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Program Files (x86)\Nmap;;C:\Program Files\Git\bin
    C:\WinAVR-20070525\utils\bin\sh.exe
    C:\WinAVR-20100110\utils\bin\sh.exe
    C:\Program Files\Git\bin\sh.exe

    C:\Src\OpenOCD\OpenOCD3\build\Mainstream\Debug\src>sh -c “cat C:/Src/OpenOCD/OpenOCD3/src/helper/startup.tcl C:/Src/OpenOCD/OpenOCD3/src/jtag/startup.tcl C:/Src/OpenOCD/OpenOCD3/src/target/startup.tcl C:/Src/OpenOCD/OpenOCD3/src/flash/startup.tcl C:/Src/OpenOCD/OpenOCD3/src/server/startup.tcl > C:/Src/OpenOCD/OpenOCD3/build/Mainstream/Debug/src/startup.tcl” -c0
    0 [main] sh 27576 sync_with_child: child 30512(0x15C) died before initialization with status code 0xC0000142
    14 [main] sh 27576 sync_with_child: *** child state waiting for longjmp
    -c0: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
    ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
    ————————————————————-
    Command exited with code 1
    Executable: C:\PROGRA~2\Sysprogs\VISUAL~1/ninja.exe
    Arguments:
    Directory: C:\Src\OpenOCD\OpenOCD3\./build/Mainstream/Debug
    Command-line action failed

    #31249

    Ancaritha
    Participant

    Nevermind, figured it out.  Turns out things work better when you modify your path so that things from 2007 aren’t before more recent installs  (also adding the \bin folder for those recent installs to the path..)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.