Issue when importing KSDK 2.2 manifest file

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Issue when importing KSDK 2.2 manifest file

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mattbarn
    Participant

Hi, I’m getting an error when I try to import a KSDK 2.2 manifest file.   I can send in the file if that would help.  Thanks!

VisualGDB version: 5.2.15.1452
    ------------------ System.NullReferenceException ------------------
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
     at KSDK2xImporter.KSDKManifestParser.ParseKSDKManifest(String sdkDirectory, IWarningSink sink)
     at KSDK2xImporter.KSDKManifestParser.GenerateBSPForSDK(String directory, IWarningSink sink)
     at VisualGDB.GUI.WPF.PackageListDataObject.ExternalImporterWrapper.Run(PackageListDataObject obj)
     at VisualGDB.GUI.WPF.PackageManagerWindow.ImporterButtonClick(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is a known issue. It looks like the KSDK manifest format has recently changed. We are working on a fix for it and will release an update in the next few weeks.

mattbarn
    Participant

OK, thanks.   I have a somewhat related issue with a KSDK 1.3 project.  If I build a sample project, it works perfectly, but when I include a UART driver and try to init and send a sample string, I get “undefined reference to ‘UART_DRV_Init'” for each function.  I know it can find the code because I can hover over the functions and see the documentation.  Do I need to add each driver source file and all of its dependencies to the solution manually?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, our Kinetis packages are less sophisticated than STM32 and Nordic ones, so the driver .c files need to be added to the project manually. The missing include paths should still be automatically discovered after you open any of the files that tries to include the missing headers.

support
    Keymaster

OK, we have finally updated our KSDK importer to work with the latest v2.1 and v2.2 KSDK releases. You can download a build supporting it here: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.3.7.1769.msi

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.