Is that possible to make Clang-based IntelliSense works Global?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Is that possible to make Clang-based IntelliSense works Global?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Taisen
    Participant

Hi VisualGDB team,

I already purchased the software. I like the Clang-based IntelliSense work great and save me lots of time for debugging to the code. Is that possible to make this Clang-based IntelliSense works for the project not created by VisualGBD? I am working with a c++ based project embedded graphic project, using their generated visual studio 2015 project, I could not use the code-map function for C++ by default.

That would be a great plus for us if we could Clang-based IntelliSense work globally not just for the project of VisualGDB.

Thanks

Taisen
    Participant

I am using Touchgfx, a graphic library for STM32 MCU, the system comes their library and generate a simulation project for simulation the GUI on windows. This project is C++ visual studio 2015 project. I am trying to use code-map to debug this. But Visual Studio 2015 ENT or 2017 ENT not support C++ language. That would be great if I could use Clang-based IntelliSense globally to structure the system and debug.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The Clang engine is designed to only work with VisualGDB projects, so the easiest workaround would be to create a new project configuration that will be recognized as a VisualGDB-based configuration. Please try importing your project into another GNU Make-based project (not MSBuild-based) and check the VS project properties. The configuration type will be set to “Makefile” and the “NMake Output” will point to a .vgdbsettings file containing various project-specific settings. Please copy that file to your main project directory and create another Makefile configuration using the VS configuration manager. Ensure its output points to the .vgdbsettings file, the include directories are correct and the “forced include files” contain the gcc_<config>.h file with built-in macros dumped from gcc.

As long as these criteria are met, the Clang IntelliSense will recognize this configuration as a VisualGDB-based configuration and will handle the project as usual.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.