Is it possible to debug on a remote device? "libcrypto.so.1.0.pdb not loaded"

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Is it possible to debug on a remote device? "libcrypto.so.1.0.pdb not loaded"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    picante
    Participant

Hi,

Excuse if my questions if these are obvious. I’m evaluating the product and there is a very steep learning curve for me, I have managed to resolve a number of issues but I have been really stuck for a few days with this one issue and the Eval license will finish in about a week.

End goal:

I’m hoping that I can learn about technology from an existing open source project, with the goal of debugging this code remotely, understand how it works and potentially improving it. This code has been designed to run on Raspberry Pi and it uses other hardware like the Pi’s camera.

Problem:
    I have setup a Linux project by using the import wizard, I have eventually managed to solve some issues by adding folders into the Intellisense directories.

Currently if I try and Debug in VS, I get an error message “Received a SIGILL: Illegal instruction” I then click on Break, it goes into a no Symbols loaded screen, “libcrypto.so.1.0.pdb not loaded”

I’m not sure If what I’m wanting to achieve is actually possible.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

picante
    Participant

I should mention that the compiled application works fine with if I run it from the Pi directly.

Cheers,

picante
    Participant

I found out that the openssl tries to call a function to test the hardware capabilities. Since it is not able, it throws a SIGILL, which is normal, it appears that you can ignore this by un-ticking SIGILL in the “Exeption Settings”

But there might be a need to add “handle SIGILL nostop pass” under VisualDG Project properties –>Additional GDB Commands–>”..before selecting..”

I’m still having some other issues but I will open another thread if needed.

Cheers.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem. BTW, you can conveniently edit the signal settings by pressing the ‘signals’ button (with the lightning icon) in the GDB Session window.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.