Invalid warnings from Intellisense

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Invalid warnings from Intellisense

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vajoe
    Participant

I started with a simple raspberry pi cross compile program.  I started adding code and Clang Intellisense is throwing invalid warnings.

I have the function open in the program.  It throws a the following warning:

[Clang Intellisense] Warning: implicit declaration of function ‘open’ is invalid in C99

How is that possible when I have included the following headers:

errno.h
    fcntl.h
    errno.h
    stdio.h
    stdlib.h
    unistd.h
    sys/types.h
    sys/stat.h

I also get the following message:

[Clang IntelliSense] include the header <stdlib.h> or explicitly provide a declaration for ‘exit’

No idea why it would say that, when the header is clearly included.  There must be some setting I am missing or does Intellisense not work with cross compile?   When I ask Intellisense to search for a header containing one of the functions it complains about, it can’t find any.  Yet the cross compile builds with out problems.

Any ideas?  Thanks

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is likely by design, as you have not included the header file declaring the function. This will not cause a critical build error, since C99 does support implicit declarations.

You can read more about this warning, and implicit declarations here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32703675/implicit-declaration-of-function-enterchar-wimplicit-function-declaration?rq=1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.