IntelliSens problems with embedded semihosting and profiler framework

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB IntelliSens problems with embedded semihosting and profiler framework

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    elivoe
    Participant

Hi,

I found a problem with the IntelliSens which occurs when using Advanced CMake projects with the Semihosting and Profiler Framework. In this case the IntelliSens cannot find precompiled headers (for example the standard lib (#include <cstdint>,…) or Embedded Static Libraries in the same project). If I comment the line “set(_forced_includes “${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/ProfilerFreeRTOSHooks.h”)” (line 109) in the framework.cmake file of the semihosting framework everything is fine.

I could easily reproduce the problem on a new project on my system. Can you reproduce this scenario too?

Thanks,

Elias

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This might be related to a recent update to CMake that changed the format used to report command lines. Please try updating to VisualGDB 5.6 Beta 4.

elivoe
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for your reply. For us the workaround with the commented line in the file I specified works for now, so we won’t install a beta on our productive systems. I will try it as soon as the 5.6 version is out of its beta phase.

tinyker
    Participant

Hi,

I can confirm this issue.

• 5.6 Beta seems to fix it, but intellisense is broken. There is a major error. 5.6 seems to present the traditional nanolib options which 5.5 does not.
    • 5.5 does not have a working semihosting interface because the std headers are not found, etc, but Intellisense works…

Cheers

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The latest v5.6 Beta 4 should work just fine (other than a glitch with VS2022 Preview 2). If not, please try the latest development build: VisualGDB-5.6.5.4280.msi

If it doesn’t help either, please let us know more details and we will help you get it working.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.