Intelisense not working corretly

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Intelisense not working corretly

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Nakame
    Participant

Hello everyone !

I just started using visualGDB today and so far i am rather impressed with how easy it made cross compiling on my rasperry pi from my windows 11 development machine. This is however a rather big issue : Despite considerable efforts, i have been unable to make intelissense work corretly.

I am using QT and strangely enought some functions work but some other dont. It is hard for me to describe the issue precisely ( and i am very sorry about that ) so instead i am joining my intellisence diagnostic log to this post.

Of course, this is an intelisence problem as the program compile and work as intended. If you need more files and / or information please guide me to a way to provide them.

Thank you very much !

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, there’s not much we can suggest without a precise description of the problem as the diagnostic log doesn’t show anything out of the ordinary.

Our best advice would be to narrow down a specific function that is not working, reproduce the issue on a clean project and describe the desired/observed behavior along with a screenshot demonstrating it.

Nakame
    Participant

Thank you for your response ! I will do those test when i got some free time, but for now i did another project that compile on my windows computer and intellisense is working corretly that way so i will work like that for now.

Thank you !

Nakame
    Participant

Hello again !

So intellisense is still not working but i managed to replicate the error consistently. Here is what i do :

-Create new project with the linux project wizard

First window setting

• second page :

• here i need to configure Qt settings as the default path for the mkspecs directory ( /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5/mkspecs ) is wrong, so i change it to /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs

• at this point everything seem to be working fine. compiling the project give me the starting window and intellisence work as expected. I closed and launched the solution again and still, all is good.

my main

• now i go to the VisualGDB Startup Project Properties and change anything ( in my case i just added “_DEBUG” in the preprocessor macros for the debug configuration

• click “Apply” and and visualGDB fail to link a test program with this error  :
    • ” Run “C:\SysGCC\raspberry64\bin\aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc.exe -Wl,–start-group “C:\Users\tlema\AppData\Local\Temp\/VisualGDB_ToolchainTestProgram.o” -o “C:\Users\tlema\AppData\Local\Temp\/VisualGDB_ToolchainTestProgram” Qt5::Widgets -Wl,–end-group ” in directory “C:\Workspace\ProgramTr” on local computer
      ————————–
      aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc.exe: error: Qt5::Widgets: Invalid argument
      ————————–
      Command exited with code 1
    • I can choose to ignore this error and now Intellisens wont work anymore

Please help, i really need to fix that as soon as possible so i can get back to work 🙁

of course the solution still compile and work corretly.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like a legacy CMake project that is not fully compatible with Qt5. Please turn on the “Use the Advanced CMake Project Subsystem” checkbox on the very first screenshot and it should work just fine.

Nakame
    Participant

Hello !

Thank you for your help, setting the project as you described fixed most of the intellisense problem  exept for one file :

Only in one file do i have theses errors ( again , the project compile and work corretly )

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This one is a bit hard to tell. The error message mentions converting QFile to QIODevice, but the code doesn’t look like it’s doing anything similar.

Please try simplifying the repro example until you can narrow down a specific missed part, i.e.:

1. Try closing the project, deleting the .visualgdb directory, and opening it again. This will clear all IntelliSense caches.
    2. Remove all code after the error. Ensure the problem persists. Check if there are other errors listed in the Errors window that could make more sense (e.g. some declaration or header file missing).
    3. Try moving the error into a separate .cpp file with a minimum set of includes and just 1 function inside the file itself. If the problem no longer reproduces, it was triggered by some include file, or another function above the error in the original source file. Moving it around the source file should help locate the part that causes the issues.
    4. If the problem still persists, try breaking down the expression. E.g. does just calling “styleFile.readAll()” trigger the IntelliSense error? If yes, how is readAll() declared? Does calling other methods declared nearby also trigger IntelliSense errors?
    Nakame
    Participant

Hello !

Sorry for taking this long to awnser but i really got rather late on my work and unfortunatly i did not have the time to make all the tests you required ( i did delete the .visualgdb directory but it did nothing )

i do have some new errors that make me thing it might have something to do with inheritance ? Here is one of my class as an exemple :

I would totally understand if you cannot help me with this information and the moment a have a moment to spend i will do the tests you asked for. In the meantime, thank you for your help !

Attachments:
    support
    Keymaster

Sorry, works just fine on our side, after removing references to the headers you didn’t attach.

Such issues are practically always caused by something very subtle in some very rare place (e.g. a specific overridden #define or edited file) and are impossible to troubleshoot without pulling them apart as we described earlier.

Attachments:
    Nakame
    Participant

I understand, thank you for trying, i will get back to you after i find the time to do the required testing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.