Indent case labes in VisualGDB

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Indent case labes in VisualGDB

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kaworu
    Participant

Hello.

Question, where in visualgdb I can find code formatting option option called “indent case labes” in visual studio? Or better it’s possible to give control over code formatting to visual studio engine completely?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, please see the following page for a detailed explanation of formatting-related settings: https://visualgdb.com/documentation/intellisense/

kaworu
    Participant

Except – It doesn’t work. Switched to “Regular Intellisense” (first screenshot), restarted VS, reloaded project, Ctrl+K,D and it still doesn’t follow VS’s formatting settings (see screenshots). Confirmed that on Clang Intellisense Diagnostic Console “Native VC++” is selected.

Attachments:
    support
    Keymaster

Most likely, you have selected an incompatible combination of settings at some point.

We can help you understand what is going on if you could share the steps for reproducing the problem from scratch per our problem reporting guidelines. Please make sure the steps include entire uncropped screenshots of all the relevant windows as shown in the “screenshots” section of the guidelines.

kaworu
    Participant

Funny something new happened, I went to the options, Tools -> Options, Text Editor -> C/C++ (VisualGDB) -> Formatting Engine, changed “Default Formatting Engine” to “SysProgsFormat”, restarted VS, and now Ctrl+K,D works differently, but still not correctly – see attachment.

So for now my conclusion is, as follows:

• If Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Formatting -> Indentation, option “indent case labels” is selected
    • And in Text Editor -> C/C++ (VisualGDB) -> Formatting Engine, “Default Formatting Engine” is set to “SysProgsFormat”, then indentation is made before case label – this is expected – and after case label – this is wrong;
    • If in Text Editor -> C/C++ (VisualGDB) -> Formatting Engine, “Default Formatting Engine” is set to “Clang format”, then indentation is not made neither before nor after case label;

Also changing this options requires reloading the project, i would expect this change to be taken into account right away or at lest would be nice to have info somewhere, “changing this option requires restart”, or something.

Attachments:
    kaworu
    Participant

Oh, and my indentation settings from VS.

Edit: attached wrong screenshot, newer one is correct.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by kaworu. Reason: Wrong screensot
    Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.