Include Directories – Path Added, Keeps Causing Error

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Include Directories – Path Added, Keeps Causing Error

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

Morning,

In my project, I am using VisualGDB in VS2017 and compiling c++ code on a RaspberryPi.  I have had good luck with VisualGDB and purchased a license.  However, I am running into trouble in VisualGDB finding the include directories.  I have used the automatic, added the directly manually, rebuilt the intellisense cache.  I am not able to build the project due to undefined references which I suspect is linked to the auto-detect errors.

The software is indicating that “additional include directory” has been found via the error bar.  I click the drop down and hit “Add Now” button, but nothing happens.  The odd thing is that I have this particular directory listed as an include file path in the MSBuild Settings.  I added it manually since that is what worked in the past.  The error keeps popping up regardless of what I tell it to do (ignore, etc).

Am I missing something here?  The header file I am trying to include is for Mosquitto MQTT if that helps at all.  If I add the headers to my VS project, those particular errors go away, however new undefined reference errors pop up and seem to be very basic references (e.g. iostream) and indicates to me that there is an issue in the MSBuild settings or elsewhere.

Thanks

Nick
    Participant

I think I found a work around.  I dropped the library files into project directory on the RPi and now it builds.  I have run into issues in the past due to folder permissions.  I am wondering if this was the issue.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately it’s hard to suggest anything specific without knowing more details, so we would advise looking through the following pages:

If this doesn’t help, please share more details about the exact errors you get and we will suggest further troubleshooting steps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.