Impossible to create project without SSH connection

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Impossible to create project without SSH connection

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dmitryponv
    Participant

Good afternoon,

I found an issue that I think is pretty significant in all versions of VisualGDB, including the latest.

If I’m trying to set up a project that is supposed to be cross-compiled and executed on a remote target, I cannot get past the Toolchain/Deployment folder screen if I do not have an existing SSH connection already created.

The problem is this: I am trying to import a cross-compiled cmake project from an existing codebase on a new machine that DOES NOT have the hardware for remote deployment. I.E I’m just trying to cross compile the program, not deploy it.

This is ok, because there is a checkbox for “Automatically test connection to the remote system before creating the project”

If I leave this unchecked, it works, if I had already created a Deployment computer in the past.

However, if I had not, it forces me to create one, which I cannot do without the necessary hardware.

I believe the problem is in the Setup ne wSSH connection screen, where in order to create a connection, that connection must be tested. There is no option to create one without having the hardware, which I think is a serious limitation.

I’m sure there are ways around this, like editing some configuration files, or creating a connection to localhost or a VM and not using it. But I think there should be a way to make the correct connection without having the hardware ready.,

The purpose of this is to compile code without running it.

Thanks,
    _D

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you are never intending to deploy or debug the project with VisualGDB, you can select any arbitrary SSH connection in the wizard as it won’t be used anyway. Let us know if this works.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.