Importing STM32CubeMX LL project

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Importing STM32CubeMX LL project

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian
    Participant

I m rename the file from xml to txt,

thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

The “undefined reference” error means that the file providing the definition (not declaration) of a function is not included in the project. Normally, searching the nearby files for the function name should help locate the file defining it.

If you are not sure about the function declarations vs. definitions, please consider reading this tutorial. It explains the differences based on a few specific examples.

The second problem looks like something that was recently fixed on our side. Please try this build: VisualGDB-5.4.103.2978.msi

Sebastian
    Participant

Dear support

About the Undefined reference on the tutorial say the problem is when mix C++ and C, but all project are on C, I m use the the GPDSC file create from CubeMx without change , bu the moment the problem with the macro are fix include it on the preprocessor but the undefined reference continue, maybe add any path?

thanks

Attachments:
    support
    Keymaster

As mentioned in the previous reply, the “undefined reference” error means that the file providing the definition (not declaration) of a function is not included in the project. Normally, searching the nearby files for the function name should help locate the file defining it.

Sebastian
    Participant

Dear

<span class=”tlid-translation translation”><span class=”” title=””>Excuse my insistence</span>
    <span title=””><span class=”” title=””>When I create the (GPDSC) from CubeMx using the HAL library I do not have problems as I show with the image with the RED arrow, the problem happens when I select LL driver only for USART and HAL for everything else, I have this problem, you can appreciate</span> <span class=”” title=””>in the image that does not have the arrow does not appear the file stm32f1xx_hal_rcc.c,</span><span class=”” title=””>the other errors were corrected by entering the preprocessor (USE_FULL_LL_DRIVER) but I still have this problem, after generating the GPDSC file compiled without making any changes to the project, use as it is CubeMX genre, if I generate it to be used with KEIL and compile I do not have this problem. I really appreciate more information I have become addicted to VISUALGDB since I have renewed my license and I do not want to stop using it because I like it a lot</span></span></span>

Attachments:
    support
    Keymaster

Please note that we are not able to guarantee that every 3rd-party project imported into VisualGDB will be free or defects and will build without errors, as we do not control the contents of the 3rd-party projects. The Keil project might be generated differently and would hence include the necessary files.

Based on the screenshots you posted, the project does not build because it does not include the definitions for some of the functions it references. As we have suggested before, please search the nearby source files for the definitions of those functions and try adding them to the project.

We will try to add out-of-the-box support for LL projects in one of the next updates to our STM32 BSP (that will include a separate embedded framework and some project examples). Until then, VisualGDB will treat those projects as regular imported projects and hence will expect that they include all the necessary files.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.