Importing Keil X-CUBE-SPN8 project linking failure

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Importing Keil X-CUBE-SPN8 project linking failure

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Vlad
    Participant

Hello, after successfully done importing to VS few Keil projects from STM32Cube examples, I tried to import motor control project from X-CUBE-SPN8 which is expansion software based on STM32Cube library. Importing reported success but subsequent build failed in Linking task – all 5 errors shown undefined references to SystemInit() and SystemCoreClock()

Attached here is Verbose error output fragment related to the linker.  Probably having to do with startup_stm32f401xe.c file from sysprog substituted for STM32 same named file.

I can’t find the problem as I am still having trouble to follow all the build related configuration settings in VS/VisualGDB views. Can’t find a tutorial which would describe all the setup/configuration files for the project’ MSBuild (Makefile), sequence of setting them up, GUI windows/views related to them and their relationships (ex. relationship between VS linker configuration window vs VisualGDB linker configuration window vs related entries in “options” window).  Without such a tutorial all I can do is ask for help.

My environment: Custom edition of VisualGDB v. 5.3R8 (1973), Windows 10, Visual C++ 2017

Please help

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like your project is missing a system initialization file. Normally STM32CubeMX should generate it (system_<MCU name>.c), so please double-check your project for this file (or simply search all .c files for SystemInit). You can also reference the “Default System Initialization file” framework via VisualGDB Project Properties, however it might not 100% match your board configuration.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.