Importing ADF Sample project import

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Importing ADF Sample project import

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hf
    Participant

Hello,

i wanted to develop an ADF application which is an extension to the IDF framework from espressif.

I used the IDF-dev-pack from  espressif and could build and flash the sample project.

Next goal was to use this project inside visualGDB as code editor and debugger.

But on import i get the following error:

c:\SysGCC\esp32\usr\bin\bash.exe –login -c “export IDF_PATH=/esp-idf/v3.1 && export BATCH_BUILD=1 && export PATH=/mingw32/bin:$PATH && export -n PYTHONHOME && export LANG=en_US && cd /C/msys32/home/IBE-VM/esp/play_mp3 && make partition_table BUILD_DIR_BASE=’/C/Projekte/Demo/adf11/adf11/VisualGDBCache/adf11-Debug-VisualGDB/CodeSenseDir’ SDKCONFIG=’/C/Projekte/Demo/adf11/adf11/VisualGDBCache/adf11-Debug-VisualGDB/sdkconfig’ V=0 && make -n -k BUILD_DIR_BASE=’/C/Projekte/Demo/adf11/adf11/VisualGDBCache/adf11-Debug-VisualGDB/CodeSenseDir’ SDKCONFIG=’/C/Projekte/Demo/adf11/adf11/VisualGDBCache/adf11-Debug-VisualGDB/sdkconfig’ V=0”
    Saved the code model to C:\Projekte\Demo\adf11\adf11\VisualGDBCache\adf11-Debug-VisualGDB\BuildCommandLines.txt
    System.Exception: ESP-IDF build log did not report any built executables. Try building the project and check the output for error messages.
    at ed.i1.c_2(IEnumerable`1 a)
    at vg1.g_2()
    at eb.q()

On Build:

—— Build started: Project: adf11, Configuration: Debug VisualGDB ——
    VisualGDB: Run “c:\SysGCC\esp32\usr\bin\bash.exe –login -c “export IDF_PATH=/esp-idf/v3.1 && export BATCH_BUILD=1 && export PATH=/mingw32/bin:$PATH && export -n PYTHONHOME && export LANG=en_US && cd /C/msys32/home/IBE-VM/esp/play_mp3 && make -j2 BUILD_DIR_BASE=’/C/msys32/home/IBE-VM/esp/play_mp3/Debug’ SDKCONFIG=’/C/msys32/home/IBE-VM/esp/play_mp3/sdkconfig-debug’ V=0″” in directory “” on local computer
    Makefile:2: /project.mk: No such file or directory
    make: *** No rule to make target ‘/project.mk’. Stop.
    ————————————————————-
    Command exited with code 2
    Executable: c:\SysGCC\esp32\usr\bin\bash.exe
    Arguments: –login -c “export IDF_PATH=/esp-idf/v3.1 && export BATCH_BUILD=1 && export PATH=/mingw32/bin:$PATH && export -n PYTHONHOME && export LANG=en_US && cd /C/msys32/home/IBE-VM/esp/play_mp3 && make -j2 BUILD_DIR_BASE=’/C/msys32/home/IBE-VM/esp/play_mp3/Debug’ SDKCONFIG=’/C/msys32/home/IBE-VM/esp/play_mp3/sdkconfig-debug’ V=0”
    Directory:
    VisualGDB: Error: Command-line action failed
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, the ADF project structure is different from the regular ESP-IDF projects, so VisualGDB does not support it out-of-the-box.

VisualGDB supports non-CMake ESP-IDF projects by running GNU Make in the “dry run mode”, capturing the gcc command lines to BuildCommandLines.txt and then reconstructing the code model (i.e. the exact list of built files) from it. Currently, it looks like the build fails because VisualGDB doesn’t set the ADF_PATH variable expected by the Makefile (see the line mentioned in the error message). Please consider hardcoding the ADF path in the Makefile, or via Windows environment variables.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.