Import library

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Import library

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DUrbano
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using VisualGDB v5.5 working on a STM32F411RE platform and I’m facing with a big problem; I’m trying to import an external library, made of an .a library file and an .h header file, but after many tries, I did not realize how to make it. Is it possible? And, if yes, how can I do? Please, could anyone help me to solve this problem?

Regards

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB inherits the regular Visual Studio experience when it comes to libraries:

• You can use the Add->Existing Item command in Solution Explorer to add existing files (including .a libraries) to a project.
    • You can use the VS Project Properties -> C/C++ -> Preprocessor -> Include Directories to specify directories with header files.
    DUrbano
    Participant

Sorry for my late reply, caused by holiday. I tried to add .a file with .h header as you told me in the last reply but when I use the functions declared in the header file, the compiler does not recognize them. Can I try another solution?

Regards

support
    Keymaster

Please note that our support is limited to VisualGDB issues only. We can point out the location of various settings, however we cannot guarantee that every project opened with VisualGDB will build correctly, sorry. Our best advice would be to make sure you understand the structure and requirements of the project and can build it outside of VisualGDB first.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.