IDF monitor

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB IDF monitor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mattia
    Participant

Hello,

I’m using Visualgdb 5.4 with an ESP32. Is there a way to integrate the IDF monitor https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp-idf/en/latest/get-started/idf-monitor.html into the debugger? How should we do? I think it is a very helpful tool for heap memory leakage.

Thank you,

Mattia Berton

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, simply right-click on the project in Solution Explorer, select “Open ESP-IDF terminal here” and VisualGDB will launch the MinGW2 shell where you can run commands like “make monitor”.

If you are looking for something different, please let us know and we will try to provide a better suggestion.

m.ridoni
    Participant

Is this still available in 5.5 preview 7? I cannot find the “Open ESP-IDF terminal here” entry. I’m using the CMake-base ESP-ID 4.0. In case, is there another way to open the monitor from VisualGDB?

support
    Keymaster

This actually comes from the new ESP-IDF toolchain that does not include the MinGW shell anymore. Please try this VisualGDB build: VisualGDB-5.5.7.3679.msi. We have added a context command to Solution Explorer for launching the “monitor” command. Note that if the monitor settings are inconsistent or missing, the command will exit without printing anything. You can find out its output by dumping the “monitor” command to a batch file (see this page) and running it manually from a Command Prompt window.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.