How to use source file from samba shared file directly during debug

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB How to use source file from samba shared file directly during debug

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    fotwo
    Participant

I built, actually, imported a project from Linux(Centos) via Samba and SSH. I have already been able to debug the binary from Windows through Visual Studio. I find the corresponding source files are all from temporary directory, such as “C:****\VisualGDB\AutoDownloadedSources\****”, which are opened slowly sometimes. The more serious issue is that I can not do something, for example, right click one class type and “go to definition”. After that, I find if I use VA(visual assist) to “Find References”, which is conducted in Samba shared files, then I can “go to definition” and open related source file quickly.

I think if I use the samba shared files directly as the debugging source file, I can get the same results. Therefore, how to use source file from samba shared file directly during debug? Thanks.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB would put the sources into AutoDownloadedSources if it doesn’t know how the Windows path corresponding to them. Could you please give an example of a file (i.e. full path) that gets opened via this mechanism and let us know your shared folder settings (a screenshot or a summary of used paths)?

Regarding “Go to Definition”. Please try locating the source file that should normally contain the definition of the symbol and check that:

• It is included in one of the open projects in Solution Explorer
    • Physically present on the disk and accessible via VS
    • Does not show any critical errors when opened from VS

Please also try enabling the Clang IntelliSense engine – it uses a different mechanism for locating definitions and should work better with remote projects.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.