How to set Target machine hostname or IP on with VirtualBox

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion How to set Target machine hostname or IP on with VirtualBox

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hi all,

I cannot fix the issue “Attaching the DDK debugger to process ‘[0] System’ on machine ‘PHENOM2’ failed.” now.
    Do you have any solution for fixing this problem.
    I would like to use the latest VisualDDK and VirtualKD on Windows7 x86 and VirtualBox(WIndows XP x64 and etc…)
    It could be occured due to setting wrong hostname or IP to the “Driver Launch Settings… ” on VS2008SP1, I guess.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
    Akira Kudo
    PS… I have confirmed working a sample code that is made by the VisualDDK Driver Wizard on VirtualBox “WIndows XP x64 and Vista x64” using the WinDDK and the Virtual Machine Monitor.

Than you very much for Blilient environment “VirtualDDK and VirutalKD”!

support
    Keymaster

Does the VirtualKD with WinDbg work on your machine? If not, what does the VM monitor show?

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi bazis,

Thank you very much for your reply.
    Yes, the VirtualKD works with WinDbg on my machine.
    Do we need to install newrk brigde to host and guest OS?

Again, thank you very much for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
    AKira

support
    Keymaster

Bridging is required for automatic driver binary updating, however, is not mandatory for debugging with VisualDDK. If WinDbg/VirtualKD works, and VisualStudio with VisualDDK fails, you can try using Debug->Attach command, selecting “Kernel-mode connections” and picking your OS manually. You will get either a working debug session, or a more detailed error message.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi bazis,

Thank you very much for your reply.
    I will be trying it soon! Please hold on.
    Again, thank you very much for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
    AKiraAkira

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Bazis,

>If WinDbg/VirtualKD works, and VisualStudio with VisualDDK fails, you can try using Debug->Attach command, selecting “Kernel-mode connections” and picking your OS manually. You will get either a working debug session, or a more detailed error message.

Attach to Process
    Transport: Kernel-mode connections
    Qualifier: pipe://kd_Windows7_x86_English_Debug

…Unable to connect to ‘pipe://kd_Windows7_x86_English_Debug’. All pipe instances are busy.

Any idea?

I am trying to do it with some processes, Virtual Machine monitor, Visual Studio, WinDbg, Sun Virtual Box and Windows7 x86 English Debug.

Best Regards,
    Akira Kudo

support
    Keymaster

Well, if you are already debugging your machine with WinDbg, how can VisualDDK attach to it? The pipe is obviously occupied by WinDbg instance. However, if you close the WinDbg (and uncheck ‘automatically start the debugger’ in VMMON, or just close VMMON, as it is no needed for VisualDDK), debugging from VisualDDK should work.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Bazis,

It works fine!!

Best Regards,
    Akira Kudo

PS … Is it possible to ask you how you did set network bridge for Virtual Box? Maybe everybody want to know it.

support
    Keymaster

I just created 2 network adapters: 1 NAT adapter to have Internet on VM, and 1 host-only adapter to access VM from host. A bit messy, but fast and easy.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi all,,

Help me, im a newbie for driver debugging

i was install visualddk in visual studio 2008 team system, and im using VirtualBox v3.0.8

but i can’t syncronyze visualddk with VirtualBox

this is output:

Help me please,, and show me the right configuration…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.