How to add source folder to STM32CubeMX based project?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB How to add source folder to STM32CubeMX based project?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Vlad
    Participant

I created STM32CubeMX based projects in two different ways. Both projects were successfully created for a given CubeMX configuration but adding a folder with resources failed.

First I created a new VisualGDB  STM32CubeMX based project . I wanted it to be MSBuild project but apparently there was no choice given, – CMake project was created. OK – it was built and compiles successfully.

Now it has to be used as a template for a large project, so I am adding a folder in the root of the project which contains .h and .c files. This could only be done in the “folder” view which has “add folder” mouse choice, not in a “solution” view. Trying to compile fails. Apparently this new folder was not added to the project (as for ex. Atmel Studio project updates automatically once you create a folder).

Then I try to add new path for include files location (my new folder) in the VisualGDB project properties window. After this is done IntelliSense finds my new definitions located in the new .h  files… But the compiler still fails with

The current file is not built by any known project or included by any known sources. IntelliSense will be less accurate until this is resolved.

That’s confusing because pressing F3 on the “unknown” function opens it’s declaration in .h file but the source (.c file) probably not included in the project. I could not find in the project properties where to include a new path for source (.c) file… something similar to the Eclipse-> properties-> C, C++ General-> Paths and Symbols ->Source Location ?

Then I tried the second method to create CubeMX project by importing STM32CubeMX (GPDSC) project. It creates MSBuild project according to my choice and compiles as is successfully. Just as in previous method, adding a new directory fails. As before I added new folder to the project’ physical location and added new path to the “Includes” property. New “Include” location was indeed included but compilation failed for the same reason.

I can add new .c files in the root directory but project does not recognize my new  folder with resources. Seems I am missing something important in all of those methods.

Please help

Vlad

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Vlad.
    Vlad
    Participant

Attached here is a properties window for the “undiscovered” new file Benchmarker.c located in Utilities\ folder.

Interestingly, it is shown “included in project” and it’s full path is correct , but it’s relative path is a junk. Relative path suppose to be Utilities\Benchmarker.c .  I guess this property was created when I added folder in the “folders” project view (not a “solution” view which does not have option to add a folder)

Seems to be a bug.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

According to our records, the technical support on your license is not active. You are free to seek advice from other users, however we will not be able to provide further help.

Vlad
    Participant

I purchased license  last Monday (May 10, 21) attached is a screenshot of a confirmation email (which has activation key not shown) . Notice : My name is shown as a recipient. The billing name and address are different. But I suppose all the contacts you expect with recipient as a user of this product.

Let me know if you need to see my invoice from Digital River to fix your records.

Vlad Blanshey

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

According to our records, this order has been refunded and the license is no longer active.

Vlad
    Participant

That was our purchase back in February when we tried to use it for NXP  RT series but VisualGDB had problems with that series and later we encountered other problems with that MCU whence dumped it and order was canceled and refunded.

This purchase is new , aimed to be used with STM32H7 MCU which I know you support well, transaction done two days ago order number 723904513 . Also my attempt to enter a new key into VisualGDB failed – it shows the old order and status “canceled ”  while rejecting the entered key.

Is that a reason why your system does not show the current purchase? Then please advice how to update the key?

If you need to see my current invoice let me know, I can send it to your “support” email.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Vlad.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

For any questions about specific orders, licenses and payment issues, please contact our support directly.

Vlad
    Participant

Also after we canceled last order this plugin was removed from VS. We continue work in Atmel studio and VS was not used.

Current plugin I installed few days ago. Why does it show the old cancelled order if it is newly installed? And again why it does not allow to enter a new key?

Please advice

support
    Keymaster

For any questions about specific orders, licenses and payment issues, please contact our support directly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.