How can I enlarge the font for VisualGDB settings dialog?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB How can I enlarge the font for VisualGDB settings dialog?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

How can I enlarge the font for VisualGDB settings dialog? The default font size makes VisualGDB almost unusable for me. Is there a way to make the VisualGDB use the VS environment font size (I have changed it and the Perforce plug-in for example uses it)? Thank you.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, this is currently not supported. We will integrate VisualGDB with the regular VS font settings as a part of converting the VisualGDB Project Properties window to the WPF framework (we are gradually doing this across several releases). As a quicker workaround, we could add an option to override the default font size manually.

Before we can do that, could you please check whether the issue only affects WinForms settings pages (e.g. Project Properties), or does it also affect the WPF settings pages (e.g. Advanced GDB Settings)?

Michael
    Participant

> Before we can do that, could you please check whether the issue only affects WinForms settings
    > pages (e.g. Project Properties), or does it also affect the WPF settings pages (e.g. Advanced GDB Settings)?

Project settings (project right click->Properties) are totally OK. They use enlarged font I have set in Tools –> Options. But project right click->VisualGDB Project Properties are totally unreadable to me. I believe you could use Tools –> Options –> Environment font for your dialog.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. By “Project Properties” we meant the first page of VisualGDB Project Properties (the exact name depends on the project type you are using, e.g. “Linux Project”). If you could attach screenshots of the first page and the Advanced GDB Settings page of VisualGDB Project Properties, we should be able to determine which parts of the GUI have the scaling problem.

Michael
    Participant

I am still not sure of what you mean. Here is a screenshot of the MS project properties I am able to read and VisualGDB properties I almost cannot read.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot. Looks like you are using the standard DPI setting, so overriding the font size on VisualGDB level would unfortunately break control positions and will make most of the text clipped.

As a workaround, please try changing the default DPI in Windows Display Properties or simply use the Magnifier to zoom to the text. We will fully support inheriting the VS font size once we fully switch the properties window to WPF in a few releases from now.

Michael
    Participant

> As a workaround, please try changing the default DPI in Windows Display Properties
    This breaks a some other programs I use. I have tried it but ended up with the enlarged fonts.

> or simply use the <span style=”color: #24890d;”>Magnifier</span>
    I have tried it and found it extremely inconvenient. I would prefer Ctrl+, Ctrl-, Ctrl* facility for all windows (or even screen itself) like in browsers but it looks like the Windows guys are forbidden to copy somebody else’s solutions.

> We will fully support inheriting the VS font size once we fully switch the properties window to
    > WPF in a few releases from now.
    Please, be quick. Otherwise the MS will rewrite Windows GUI from XML to JSON and we will be stuck again.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem. We are switching a considerable amount of pages/controls in each release.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.