Hourly crashes

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Hourly crashes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jona 6 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jona
    Participant

I finally captured a log entry after a restart. Let me know if it makes any sense.

• This topic was modified 1 week ago by  jona.

support
    Keymaster

It looks like Visual Studio runs out of memory somewhere inside the logic responsible for handling the editor markers. If we encounter this behavior during our internal tests, we should be able to fix it. Please also consider filing a bug report with Microsoft, as it looks like the problem might be on their side (the exception stack does not contain any VisualGDB-related frames).

jona
    Participant

I don’t know if there is anything different when working in C#/WPF but it only occurs when using VGDB. I’ve been living with it.  I thought I would send this log just in case.

support
    Keymaster

Most likely something about a specific file is triggering a memory leak somewhere inside Visual Studio. As the error occurs outside the VisualGDB codebase, it is hard for us to pinpoint the root cause of this.

The best advice we could give is to try  splitting the source file that typically triggers this into multiple smaller files. This will reduce the amount of information Visual Studio has to process and might prevent the problem from happening.

jona
    Participant

This occurs with any file. Never happens when coding C#. I’ll try to look for more clues as I work.  Thanks for your response!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.