Hidden Semihost Output

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Hidden Semihost Output

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    whinis
    Participant

It seems that at some point I hid the semihosting window for the current project and I cannot find a way to make it show up again. Is there a hidden option to make it show up again?
    Note, semihosting is enabled and from the visualGDB output I can see it reading the memory register for semihosting I just cannot find the window again.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Normally you should be able to open the semihosting window via a command under the Debug->Windows menu. If it doesn’t work, please try reproducing the problem on a clean project created from scratch.

If the problem persists, please let us know the steps we could follow to reproduce it and we will investigate it further.

whinis
    Participant

My Issue is, I don’t see semihosting output or semihosting console here
    Windows Menu” width=”303″ height=”673″ />

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

In the latest VisualGDB 5.5R4 multiple output windows have been merged in a single VisualGDB Output window (item #7 on the screenshot).

This was done because previously different output windows (e.g. semihosting or gdbserver output) would appear dynamically in front of other windows, depending on the actual output of the underlying program. Now the combined VisualGDB Output window is always shown during debug sessions and will always remember the state/location it had at the end of the previous session.

You can revert back to the old behavior using the Use Combined Output Window setting.

whinis
    Participant

Oh I see why I missed it now, I saw the tab to switch to arm semi-hosting for a second and then it disappeared again which is whenever I noticed the dropdown arrow to the side. Otherwise I only see this at the top of the output window

So I thought that semi-hosting window had just disappeared.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is why we always ask to post uncropped screenshots when reporting issues. It’s often impossible to tell what is going on without seeing the entire VS window.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.