Having difficulties using C++ STL on ESP32

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Having difficulties using C++ STL on ESP32

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nuhash
    Participant

I am trying to use the C++ utils here: https://github.com/nkolban/esp32-snippets/tree/master/cpp_utils

I’ve cloned the repo and added the component by adding the cpp_utils path to the SRCDIRS in the makefile.

I am using the hello_world project so I haven’t added anything extra yet.

If I include BLEDevice.h it asks me to add the following directories to the main project component file:

COMPONENT_PRIV_INCLUDEDIRS += ../../../../../../../SysGCC/esp32/opt/xtensa-esp32-elf/xtensa-esp32-elf/include/c++/5.2.0 ../../../../../../../SysGCC/esp32/opt/xtensa-esp32-elf/xtensa-esp32-elf/include/c++/5.2.0/xtensa-esp32-elf

However, I get compile errors from STL header files in these directories:

Error		attributes should be specified before the declarator in a function definition	HelloWorld	C:\SysGCC\esp32\opt\xtensa-esp32-elf\xtensa-esp32-elf\include\c++\5.2.0\backward\binders.h	63	
    Error		attributes should be specified before the declarator in a function definition	HelloWorld	C:\SysGCC\esp32\opt\xtensa-esp32-elf\xtensa-esp32-elf\include\c++\5.2.0\bits\allocator.h	52

There are a lot more errors but they are related to referencing the STL

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please double-check that you are not trying to include STL headers from .h files that are included from plain C files.

If it doesn’t help, please follow the steps on this page to narrow it down to a specific step triggering the problem and we will try to help you. That said, it might be a limitation of the ESP32 toolchain, so it could be worthwhile to check with Espressif whether it’s a known problem.

nuhash
    Participant

I completely forgot about C-C++ interactions. I’ve fixed it now. Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.