Google Test over VisualGDB

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Google Test over VisualGDB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dmitri.r
    Participant

Hi!

I am running Google Test over VisualGDB, and I`m trying to get the test to create an XML report

by setting  the GTEST_OUTPUT environment variable . No XML file is created though. Please support!

Best Regards

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you would like to generate the XML reports using the GoogleTest logic, you would to specify any additional environment variables via VisualGDB Project Properties -> Debug Settings and add custom actions for downloading the test results file (if the test runs on a remote machine).

That said, VisualGDB has its own mechanism for creating test reports. You can run VisualGDB.exe /runtests /output:xxx (or /vsoutput:xxx) to run tests from command line and generate a test report either in the VisualGDB format, or the MSTest format. See this tutorial for more details.

dmitri.r
    Participant

Hi , thank you for your response.

I`m using the command:

C:\Users\haidroiz>”%VISUALGDB_DIR%\VisualGDB.exe” /runtests C:\Users\haidroiz\source\repos\EmbeddedProject23\EmbeddedProject23\EmbeddedProject23.vgdbcmake /platform:Hardware /config:Debug /targetpath:C:\Users\haidroiz\source\repos\EmbeddedProject23\EmbeddedProject23/build/VisualGDB/Debug /vsoutput:results.trx

but the response I get is :

“Test container loaded (lookup: 1 msec, fetch: 0 msec, symbol list: 0 msec)
    No tests discovered”

How can I resolve it and get a report file ?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try following this tutorial. It shows how to setup an embedded unit test project and run the tests from command line. If you are not interested in the simulation platform, you can skip the relevant steps and only use the hardware platform.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.